Pennsylvania Parenting Magazine offers moms and dads stories that are timely, informative and reader-friendly on important issues such as childcare, family life, education, adolescence, motherhood, and teens. Contact us today for more info! firstname.lastname@example.org
Image via Pixabay
Giving back to the communities in which we live is not only great for our own physical, mental, and emotional health — but it helps to make the world a better place. Today, Pennsylvania Parenting Magazine presents some community service ideas for children and adults looking to give back — including local, virtual, and global volunteer opportunities.
There’s a plethora of volunteer opportunities. Here are just a few of the things you can do to make your community a better place for all who live in and visit the area.
- Donate unwanted items to local charities.
- Volunteer your time, donate clothes, or fundraise to help the homeless.
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
If you’d prefer to make a difference from the comfort of your home, there’s a whole world of opportunities right at your fingertips.
- Search for virtual volunteer opportunities. Whatever your skills and interests may be, organizations everywhere are looking for caring volunteers just like you.
- Make a global difference by finding a pen pal in another country, supporting an international charity, and purchasing handmade items from global artisans.
- Support an international missionary or group by donating funds for the mission’s purpose, whether it’s fresh-water wells or building a school.
- Learn about launching your own nonprofit corporation. Establishing your organization legally under this structure protects you and any other board members from personal legal liability, makes you eligible for certain tax benefits, and offers more eligibility opportunities for government-backed funding.
Community Service Ideas for Kids and Teens
Looking to get your kids and teens involved? Here are three community service ideas for kids and families alike.
- Help food-insecure households by starting your own backyard garden, joining a hunger relief organization, or raising money for a food bank in your community.
- Make crafts for a good cause. Families can knit, crochet, sew, draw, color, and assemble care packages for those in need.
Everyone has the power to make a difference in the world, and these community service ideas are just the start. Find a cause you’re passionate about and volunteerism just might become one of your new favorite pastimes!
Pennsylvania Parenting Magzine is the ultimate resource for parenting news, opinions, articles, and events across the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
We offer moms and dads stories that are timely, informative and reader-friendly on important issues such as childcare, family life, education, adolescence, motherhood, and teens. You’ll also find fun, easy and inexpensive family activities and events.
Pennsylvania Parenting Magzine reaches about 5,000 visitors per month. Our email database is comprised of 10,000+ moms and dads, while our social media reach is over 8,000 connections across the country.
For more information, please contact our managing editor, Daniel Casciato, at email@example.com.